In this interview series we will introduce IT Professionals selected for this year’s Dell TechCenter (DTC) Rockstar Program. This program recognizes independent experts, Dell customers and employees for their significant positive impact on Dell TechCenter, blogs and social media when discussing Dell. You can find a list of all our Rockstars here. Our tenth interviewee is Margaret Boenke.

Dell TechCenter: Can you please explain to folks who are not experts in your area: What is your domain of expertise?

Margaret Boeneke: I am a technical writer and editor for Dell Storage technical solutions. I work with three teams of engineers to produce Reference Architectures, Deployment and Configuration guides, and Best Practices. I also spend a lot of time organizing our pages in Dell TechCenter so that our content is easy to find.

Q: What are the most exciting trends in your area?

A: People don’t usually think of white papers as exciting, but we do have some changes that I think are expanding the accessibility for our content. Dell Compellent content is moving into Dell TechCenter and onto Dell.com. This puts all of the Dell Storage content in the same place.

Q: Can you point us to Storage Technical Solutions resources you find particularly valuable?

A: Sure, but I might be a little biased towards the content we produce. We post 10+ new papers each month, so there’s always something new available.

Compellent Technical Content  

EqualLogic Technical Content

Rapid EqualLogic Configuration Portal

Switch Configuration Guides for EqualLogic SANs

Q: How do you engage with the IT community?

A: Whenever we have new papers available, I post a tweet to let people know @MargaretatDell. I also look for feedback on current papers or suggestions for future paper topics at the email address SISfeedback@dell.com. I am usually behind the scenes working to get useful content in the hands of people who can use it! 

Q: What are the most cutting edge Dell products – and why?

A: Dell Storage is producing a lot of great solution-focused documentation that addresses the latest technical opportunities for storage. Here are a couple of the latest docs:

Citrix XenDesktop with Provisioning Server for VDI (3,000 desktops) on Dell Compellent All Flash Array

Automation and Integration with MS Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1 and Dell EqualLogic Storage

Sizing and Best Practices for Deploying Oracle VM using Dell EqualLogic Hybrid Arrays

Q: Margaret, thank you so much!