In this interview series we will introduce IT Professionals selected for this year’s Dell TechCenter (DTC) Rockstar Program. This program recognizes independent experts, Dell customers and employees for their significant positive impact on Dell TechCenter, blogs and social media when discussing Dell. You can find a list of all our Rockstars here. Our ninth interviewee is Jerry Gamblin.

Dell TechCenter: Can you please explain to folks who are not experts in your area: What is your domain of expertise?

Jerry Gamblin: I hate to use the word expert but I am a passionate security professional who loves to learn as much about security as possible.

Q: What are the most exciting trends in security?

A: The Cloud. With more people storing information in the cloud, making sure that information is secure is very important.

Q: Can you point us to security resources you find particularly valuable?

A: For the last couple of years Twitter has been the main source for security news and information.  Security is a decentralized industry so you may one day be reading a great story from the Wall Street Journal and the next day be reading a blog post from a guy in Germany with just as much importance.

Q: How do you engage with the IT community?

A: I spend a lot of time of Twitter. My username there is @Jgamblin.  I also write on my personal blog.

Q: What are the most cutting edge Dell products – and why?

A: I am a big fan of the new chrome book and ultrabooks Dell has been producing. They are some of the best in the industry. The SonicWALL product line is becoming a force in the NGFW (Next Generation Firewall) market. Secureworks is doing amazing things on the consulting and security research front.

Q: Jerry, thank you so much!