In this interview series we will introduce IT Professionals selected for this year’s Dell TechCenter (DTC) Rockstar Program. This program recognizes independent experts, Dell customers and employees for their significant positive impact on Dell TechCenter, blogs and social media when discussing Dell. You can find a list of all our Rockstars here. Our second interviewee is Ajith George.

Dell TechCenter: Can you please explain to folks who are not experts in your area: What is your domain of expertise?

Ajith George: I am a Development Engineer working on Dell OpenManage Connections.  Mainly I am focusing on applications for integrating the Dell Devices in third-party consoles such as HP Operations Manager (HPOM), IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, VMware vCenter etc. The TechCenter page Dell OpenManage Connections and Integrations covers the product details, you can also visit my profile at Dell TechCenter. I’ve been moved to the Dell Storage Engineering group recently and awaiting an exciting and challenging journey ahead!

Q: What are the most exciting trends in your area?

A: There is lot interest in converged infrastructure (server, storage and networking) and exciting product offerings and innovations around the same are mushrooming.

Q: Can you point us to resources you find particularly valuable?

A: The Dell OpenManage Connections and Integrations portfolio details at Dell OpenManage Connections and Integrations are particularly valuable for me.

Q: How do you engage with the IT community?

A: I participate in the in OpenManage Connections and Integration and System management forums. I also engage at third-party forums with regard to Dell integrations. Also authoring and publishing wiki articles, release blogs and white papers, reviewing and mentoring team members who want to publish and engage in communities is what is what I do on a regular basis.

Q: What are the most cutting edge Dell products – and why?

A: Dell PowerEdge VRTX CMC and Dell Fluid Cache Solution for SAN are products I find particularly exciting. I’ve recently moved to the Dell Storage group after spending 4 years with the Dell System Management team (Server Engineering group), and I believe there are more exciting and challenging storage products to explore.

Q: Ajith, thank you so much!