Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2019 11:00

Venue 10 5055 BIOS update failure

I tried to update the BIOS for my 5055 tablet from version A07 to A08, since Dell shows this as an urgent update. The update appeared to proceed normally, including through restart. The tablet operated semi-normally after the "update", but the BIOS version continued to show A07, and the tablet would automatically re-boot about every 10 - 15 minutes. At that point I was afraid that my tablet had become essentially unusable. I was able to stop the periodic re-booting by downloading and re-installing version A07 of the BIOS. Needless to say, I am not inclined to try updating the BIOS again, no matter how "urgent" the update. After this scary experience, I don't have ANY confidence that Dell can get it right.

1 Message

May 30th, 2021 18:00

@handymanalex73
Had the same annoying problem : my 5055 tablet was rebooting every 8-10 minutes .

@duser123456
I then did what you did , and Disabled Secure Boot in BIOS .

First I got a rather scary warning :
"Warning
Attention! Changing this setting may prevent your operating system from booting or require a reinstall. Are you sure you would like to continue?"

I did it anyway , and version A08 installed right away .

Then I checked msinfo32 , and it said :
"BIOS Version/Date - Dell Inc. A08, 24-04-2018"

The last thing I did was repairing the BIOS , and Enabled Secure Boot again , which resulted in the same scary warning .

July 8th, 2019 14:00

I am having the same problem.  I have tried multiple times to install the A08 update and the tablet will simply not install it.  NO error messages, just won't do it.

I have tried a "normal" download and run.  I have also booted from Windows 10 installation USB and tried to run it from there... still nothing.

I'm trying to update it BECAUSE of the random rebooting issue.  Reboots every 7-10 minutes for no reason.

Any Dell help here would be appreciated!

July 8th, 2019 16:00

Hi,

It's not clear from your post if you tried reverting to the A07 version of the BIOS as I did. I downloaded and re-installed the "old" version A07 to stop the re-booting behavior that resulted from my attempt to update to version A08. At this point, I am resigned to using the A07 version in order to have a tablet I can use. I'll risk whatever venerability that the A08 version was supposed to address. I don't think Dell is going to devote any resources to fixing this.

Good luck.

1 Message

August 21st, 2019 08:00

Had similar issue. BIOS A08 would not install, deactivated secure boot in BIOS and then A08 installed immediately.

1 Message

May 17th, 2020 10:00

This worked for me, as well.  Thanks.

1 Message

June 26th, 2022 10:00

U guys are my hero, It worked for me!

No Events found!