Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 10th, 2021 09:00

Fraudulent email address beware

Confirmed by a dell representative that this email is not associated with any Dell employee or division. I’m not one to complain, but I am incredibly unhappy with my experience purchasing a laptop from Dell. The email sent to me contained my full name, DPID, and clearly they were able to get my email which is what is needed to view sensitive information on order look up. As well, they had my phone number. Which they used to call me and inform me about this issue I did not share with them any information and hung up. I am Incredibly surprised to Have had such a disappointing and difficult experience with buying a laptop from dell. On top of the already difficult experience I have had to freeze my Bank accounts and I’m considering getting a new card because of how easily they were able to access all this information I listed above. Getting through to customer care was another job in itself. I continuously got disconnected and not because of my cell service. The people I was able to speak with did help clarify the situation and verify that this email was in fact fraudulent. If you’re considering buying something from Dell I would think twice. nothing more serious than headache has come from this and I hope that is all of it. But we shall see. Incredibly unhappy

May 10th, 2021 16:00

UPDATE: 

the sales representative I spoke with had given me incorrect information. This email address is a legit one. Still upset about all the headache that this caused, however I spoke recently with a sales representative by the name of Harsimran, He was very knowledgeable, he answered and fixed every problem I was having. So thank you so much to him, still I remain disappointed in the overall customer service however Harsimran has changed my view quite a bit. Looking forward to reviving my laptop

No Events found!